Apricots are sweet in flavour and served as a toppings in Apricot cake. Now a days a pinch of salt is also added in it to improve it's flavour. This cake is very popular in complete UK and also in other parts of the world. Try the easy and simple recipe of Apricots cake shown below.
Ingredients for Apricot cake:
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup Apricots, sliced
1 1/2 cup sugar, powdered
3/4 cup butter
1/2 t-spoon vanilla essence
2 t-spoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 t-spoon Baking powder
1 table-spoon sugar, powdered
How to make Apricot cake:
- First of all, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter and put it in a large bowl, add sugar to the bowl and mash it properly such that sugar gets dissolved in butter, mash the mixture only clockwise direction for the complete recipe.
- Now, add eggs, first the white part only, mash it for a minute. then, add the yellow part, mash it again for a minute.
- Then, add flour, vanilla essence, vanilla extract, 1 table-spoon sliced Apricots and a pinch of salt (optional). Again mash the complete mixture now. Mash it properly now, for 5 mins. at least so that no lumps remain. The more you mash the mixture the more softer resultant cake well be.
- Now, take a pan of microwave oven, grease the bottom and sides of the pan properly with 1 t-spoon butter.
- Put the batter in the pan and spread it properly. Garnish batter with the remaining sliced apricots. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of it.
- Now, start baking the cake. Bake it for 40 mins. If it still sticks after inserting a toothpick, increase the baking time.
- After 40 mins. or so hot Apricot cake will be ready to serve. Cut it into rectangular or triangular pieces and serve hot or let it get cool at room temperature and then serve it.
Note - Always mash the cake as much as you can in clockwise direction only.