Aloo Palak Recipe is also known as Potato Spinach Curry, Aloo Saag, Aloo Palak gravy or sabji. Palak is usually found in winter season.
Ingredients for Aloo Palak/Aloo Saag:
500 gms. chopped spinach leaves (palak ke patte)
2 table-spoon oil
3-4 potatoes, cooked and cubed (Aloo)
1 t-spoon salt
1/2 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1/2 t-spoon turmeric (haldi)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1/2 t-spoon coriander (pisa dhaniya)
1/4 t-spoon chili powder (Lal Mirch)
How to make Aloo Palak/Aloo Saag:
- Make a puree of tomato and onion separately using a blender.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and put oil in it. When it starts heating up add onion and tomato paste to it, stir it. Cook on low-medium heat until it gets light brown.
- Then, add ginger, garlic paste, coriander, cumin, turmeric and chili powder and stir it will, Continue heating for 2 mins.
- Add the chopped mustard greens and potatoes (Aloo), and cook for 25 minutes on simmer heat with a cup of water,Stir well
- Cover with a lid during cooking, let the spinach blend with the spices.
- Serve hot Aloo Palak with chapati, roti or pulao.