Ingredients for Mango (Aam) ki Dal :
1 cup Toor Dal (Arhar / Yellow Dal )
2 Raw mangoes (Kaccha Aam)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
8-10 cloves garlic, chopped (lahsun)
2 table-spoon oil
1 table-spoon coriander leaves, finely chopped to garnish (dhaniya patti)
4 cup water
salt to taste
Herbs and Spices :
1/2 t-spoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 t-spoon garam masala
2/3 t-spoon turmeric powdered (haldi)
1/4 t-spoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch Powder)
2/3 t-spoon coriander powdered (dhaniya)
How to make Mango (Aam) ki Dal :
- Wash Toor Dal and soak for 30 mins. Peel mangoes and grate them using a fine grater, don't throw its seed.
- Pressure cook Toor Dal with 4 cup water, grated mangoes with seed, turmeric and a pinch of salt to it. Cook for about 15 mins. or until Toor Dal gets tender.
- Now, for tempering, take a large frying pan and heat oil over medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies, stir it for 15-30 secs.Then add onion, garlic and cook for about 3-4 mins. stirring frequently. Add, chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook further on medium flame for 2-3 mins.
- Now, add all the spices and Stir well. After a minute add Toor Dal mixture with Mango seed and salt to the large frying pan and turn the heat to high, stir it well. When it starts boiling, turn the heat to low, cover the pan and cook further for 10 mins. or until the Mango Dal gets soften and little dissolved in a mixture.
- Garnish Mango (Aam) ki Dal with chopped coriander leaves.