Apple kheer is a very unique recipe of kheer. It is also known as sev kheer. The presence of Apple in milk decreases the quantity of sugar required.
Ingredients for Apple Kheer:
2 Apples (sev)
1/2 liter Whole milk
2 table-spoon sugar
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (elaichi powder)
5-6 pieces unsalted pistachios (pista)
10-15 strands saffron, crushed, soaked in 1 tsp. warm milk (Kesar) (optional)
5 almonds (Badam)
How to make Apple Kheer:
- Wash Apples properly, peel them and grate them. Keep them aside
- Crush and soak the saffron strands in 1 t-spoon warm milk. Crush almonds and pistachios coarsely or slice them properly.
- Heat milk, bring it to boil. Put the heat to medium and reduce milk to its half ie. around 250-300 ml.
- Add sugar, cardamom, saffron, almonds and pistachios. Stir it well until the sugar grains disappear in milk, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then, add grated Apple to milk and stir it firmly until it again started boiling. Once it starts boiling, turn off the heat.
- Serve Apple Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature. You can also refrigerate Apple kheer for 1 hour and serve it cool.