Sabudana ki kheer is soft and sweet Indian Kheer Recipe. Sabudana Kheer is also known as Sago Kheer.
Ingredients for Sabudana Kheer:
1/2 liter milk, Whole
1/2 cup Sabudana (Sago)
3 table-spoon sugar or to taste
1/2 t-spoon ghee
5-6 almonds (Badam) (optional)
1/4 t-spoon cardamom powder (Ilaichi powder)
8-10 pieces raisins (kishmish)
How to make Sabudana Kheer:
- Wash sabudana properly and soak in little water for about 5-6 hours so that sabudana gets soft.
- Crush almonds and roast them in 1/2 t-spoon ghee on low heat for 2 mins. Keep them aside.
- Now, take a thick bottom pan and add milk to it, heat it for 2 minutes. Then, add Sabudana, stir well and cook on medium heat for 5 mins. then, simmer it and cook until sabudana gets soft.
- Now, add roasted almond, raisins and sugar to it. Stir well and cook Sabudana Kheer on low heat for 5 mins. Then, turn off the heat. You can continue heating Sabudana kheer to achieve the desired thickness.
- Garnish Sabudana Kheer with cardamom powder.
- Serve Sabudana Kheer hot or let it get cool at room temperature.