Aloo Gobi masala is a dry Indian fry sabzi recipe. Usually it is made spicy and served along with any dal, chawal or roti. To increase the quantity of gravy of Alu Gobhi increase the ratio of onion tomatoes and other spices in the recipe. It is one of the easy to cook common Indian food that you can find almost everyday in Indian homes during Winter.
Ingredients of Aloo Gobi Masala :
500 grams cauliflower (gobi)
2 potatoes (Aloo)
2 tomatoes, pureed
1 t-spoon cumin (jeera)
1 t-spoon ginger paste (adrak)
1 t-spoon garlic paste (lahsun)
1 t-spoon turmeric powder (haldi)
1 t-spoon red chilli powder
1/4 t-spoon Garam Masala
1 t-spoon coriander powder (pisa dhaniya)
10 to 15 coriander leaves (dhaniya patti)
4 table-spoon cooking oil
1 t-spoon salt or to taste
How to make Aloo Gobi Masala :
- Take the florets of cauliflower out and cut into small pieces. Fine Chop the onions.
- Boil the potatoes and cut it into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions, ginger and garlic paste to it, stir well.
- After a minute add tomato, cumin and coriander powder, stir it again and continue heating for five minutes.
- Add potato, cauliflower florets, chili powder and salt.
- Stir Alu Gobi well and cover it with a lid and cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes or till aloo gobi gets properly cooked. Sprinkle some drops of water during these 15 minutes.
- Then, add garam masala and turmeric. Stir well and simmer for 2 mins.
- Serve Alu Gobi Masala hot with roti or chapati. Sprinkle it with finely chopped coriander leaves.