Ingredients for Masala Roti :
1 cup Wheat Flour (Aata)
1/2 cup Besan ( chana daal flour)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, minced
1/2 table-spoon Kali Mirch (Black Pepper powder)
1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
a pinch of garam masala
2 table-spoon Dhaniya patti (Coriander leaves)
2 table-spoon ghee for kneading (Clarified butter)
Salt to taste
warm water for kneading
How to make Masala Roti :
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead to make a stiff dough. Keep it aside for 25-30 mins.
- Cover the dough with 1 table-spoon cooking oil and knead a little more.
- Divide the large dough into small balls.
- Now, take a small ball and roll it into a round shape chapati.
- On a preheated tava or skillet, place roti and wait for the bubbles to come.
- Flip the roti to other side and smear it with little ghee.
- Cook on medium flame for 1-2 minutes accordingly, then again flip to other side.
- Cook until brown spots starts appearing on the roti.
- Take it off from the tava and smear it with 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Serve Masala roti with pickle, raita or any sabzi.