Cherry tomato chutney goes well with Chicken and turkey as it is quite spicy and wet in nature. Try the authentic recipe of Cherry tomato chutney given below.
Ingredients for Cherry Tomato Chutney:
2 onions, finely chopped
3 ripe red cherry tomatoes
7-8 anchovy fillets
4 cups sugar
4 cloves garlic, chopped (Lahsun)
6-7 whole dry red chillies, stem removed
1/2 t-spoon Jeera, grounded (Cumin)
1/2 t-spoon pisa Dhaniya (Pounded coriander seeds)
1 t-spoon nutmeg, pounded (Jaiphal)
3-4 cloves, pounded
1/2 t-spoon black pepper, grounded
1/2 cup vinegar (Sirca)
2 table-spoon Olive oil
salt to taste
How to make Cherry Tomato Chutney:
- Blanch and remove the skin of cherry tomatoes and anchovies, keep them aside.
- Now take a frying pan and heat 2 table-spoon oil in it, put the heat to medium. Add chopped onions, garlic, red chillies, coriander, cloves, nutmeg, Cumin to it. Cook until the mixture gets light brown.
- Now, add anchovies and cherry tomatoes to the pan, stir frequently so that chutney should not get burnt from the bottom.
- Cook further for 3-4 mins. then add sugar, vinegar, pepper and salt to Cherry tomato chutney. Turn the flame to high. Bring chutney to boil and stir continuously for 2 mins.
- Then, turn the heat to low and cook further for 25-30 mins. on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Now, turn off the heat. Let the chutney get cool at room temperature. Then, transfer Cherry tomato chutney to the airtight glass jar and store it in a refrigerator, but don't freeze it.
- You can store Cherry tomato chutney in refrigerator for 2-3 months.