Indian tamarind chutney can be served with many indian dishes like chat, dahi bada, bhel, aloo wada, samosa etc. Tamarind chutney is sweet and tangy in flavour, has a very different taste as compared to other chutneys.
Ingredients for Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney:
1/2 cup Tamarind (Imli)
150 gms. Jaggery (Gudh)
1 t-spoon Cumin Seeds Powder (Jeera)
1/2 t-spoon Garam masala
1/2 t-spoon Black salt (kala namak)
1 t-spoon Red chilli powder
Salt To Taste
How to make Tamarind / Imli ki Chutney:
- Wash tamarind with water. Then, add 3 cups of water to tamarind and boil it for 2 mins. on high flame. Put the flame to low and cook further for 7-8 mins. on low flame, stirring occasionally. Then, turn off the heat.
- Now, remove the seeds of Tamarind and let the tamarind pulp get cool at room temperature. Stain the tamarind pulp through sieve.
- Add to this tamarind pulp, cumin, black salt, red chilli powder, jaggery and garam masala, mix well and again cook this mixture on medium flame till jaggery gets completely dissolved in mixture and imli chutney gets desired thickness, stirring continuously.
- Let Tamarind / Imli Chutney get cool at room temperature, then transfer Tamarind Chutney to the glass bowl.
- Tamarind / Imli Chutney is ready to eat.